What does VDTA Certified mean?
VDTA stands for Vacuum Dealer’s Trade Association. The VDTA hosts product tradeshows, provides updates and information in the vacuum industry, evaluates related businesses, and more. All vacuum businesses and interested individuals may become members of the VDTA, but to be certified is different. A business that is VDTA certified has been acknowledged and awarded by the Vacuum Dealer’s Trade Association for its quality services, knowledge and expertise in the industry and many other qualities.
The process to be awarded this certification is an arduous one, as the business and its technicians are held against very high standards. Additionally, in order to maintain the certification, the VDTA requires the attendance and completion of specific continuing education programs, to ensure the business and its technicians are up-to-date with their knowledge and experience.
The process to become VDTA certified includes:
• Attendance and participation in classroom training/education.
• Hands-on field training and testing
• Classroom tests as a method of evaluating content knowledge
• The company remain in excellent status with the Better Business Bureau – this means there may be no complaints against the company
• The company and its technicians must maintain all required local licenses
• There may be no financial liens on the company and must submit bank account information
We consider this certification to be a prestigious honor and therefore, holds each of its technicians to even greater standards within the company. To further prove how serious this certification is, the owner of the company attends the classes and maintains his own certification, as well.